Pregnancy is often a period of great motivation for change and transformation. We all want to have a healthy pregnancy to ensure an empowering labor experience and healthy baby. Pregnancy is a natural time to learn a healthy lifestyle that will continue to impact you and your family for generations.
What you eat during pregnancy will give your growing baby the healthiest possible start in life. A whole foods, nutrient dense diet rich in vegetables is directly linked to a higher chance of a normal birth-weight, improving fetal brain development, and reducing the risk of many birth defects.
A healthy diet will also reduce the risks of pregnancy complications, such as anemia and gestational diabetes and may also minimize morning sickness, fatigue, and other unpleasant pregnancy symptoms.
With the best of intentions, it is often difficult to know what foods are really healthy for us. That’s where I come in as your Wellness Advisor.
By working together, we will discover the food, activities and other lifestyle choices that best support you throughout your pregnancy. Making gradual changes during your pregnancy empowers you to reach your current and future health goals. During our sessions we will determine what goals you want to achieve and formulate attainable action plans. I will support you by providing information, guidance, encouragement and accountability.
As a patient of the Midwives of New Jersey, your care includes 2 complimentary sessions and is open to women who are between 14 and 28 weeks pregnant. Additional sessions are available as desired.
What’s Included in My Nutrition Program?
Your program includes:
- Two 45-minute sessions, with email support in between
- Recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- Sample meal plans
- Navigating the world of supplements and determining the best ones for you
- Helpful tips for stress management
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you desire
- Easy to read, informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- Access to my monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- Early bird registration to Women’s Wellness Workshops
- My personal commitment to your health and success
- Discuss your unique situation and determine how you can reach your personal health goals
- Review the essential elements of eating while pregnant
- Discuss optimal weight gain and safe timeframes
- Talk about the benefits and importance of food journaling
- Learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them into your life
- Get access to over 250 healthy delicious recipes
- Discuss the importance of nutritional supplements and which ones to take for optimal pregnancy health
- Learn which exercises are the best and safest for pregnancy
- Identify stressors in your life and learn how to effectively deal with them
- Receive easy to implement recommendations to get you on track
- Receive a personalized wellness plan tailored to you
This program will benefit you if:
- You desire to eat healthy, but don’t know where to start
- You think you eat healthy, but looking for some expertise
- You feel like you eat the same thing over and over and need new ideas
- You need to manage cravings and stay focused on healthy choices
- You have some stress in your life and need guidance dealing with it
- You know you need to exercise, but don’t know what to do or why you are not doing it
- You are committed to do the things required to give your unborn child the best start in life
Our Wellness Advisor
As a mom of four, Sharon realized that her interests in real food and healthy living were not just interests, they became her passion. Determined to follow her calling, she enrolled in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. At IIN, Sharon studied with the world’s leading experts in nutrition and wellness. She is a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach and an Accredited Member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners.
At Women’s Wellness of New Jersey, Sharon is your personal advocate for living a healthy, energized life. By working with Sharon, you will discover the food, activities and other lifestyle choices that best nourish you and help you feel your best. Making the right choices empowers you to reach your current and future health goals and achieve the health you desire.
Sharon – I wanted to you to know that I have made a dedicated effort in changing my diet over the last two weeks (really focusing on the rainbow of colors for veggies), structuring my meals, focused control on portion size. My heartburn has decreased by 50% and I feel so much better! Thank you for your guidance. I will be trying the Chlorella supplement and the essential oils. I am excited to see how much my diet changes has improved how I am handling this pregnancy. I look forward to another meeting closer to my due date to see if we can look at how I can prepare my body for breastfeeding and support my baby’s nutritional needs. Thank you again! Courtney
For more information or to set up an appointment call 908.509.1812 or email email@example.com
- Dr. Mercola A Healthy Diet May Radically Reduce Risk of Birth Defects
- Nutrition During Pregnancy: Part I: Weight Gain, Part II: Nutrient Supplements Committee on Nutritional Status During Pregnancy and Lactation, Institute of Medicine